About the Courses
Aviation as a study and career path is only for individuals who are deeply interested in the subject. Aside from in-depth knowledge of machinery, aviation demands its workers have an extensive understanding of the job profiles of persons working in other divisions of the industry.
Aspirants in the aviation business have a wealth of work choices ranging from ground employees, engineers, and cabin crew to becoming a pilot.
Students applying for undergraduate admission must have completed the 12th standard (or equivalent) examination from a recognized board. Students must also have obtained the minimum needed scores in any stream (arts/science/business).
At its essence, aviation requires all members to work as one team. Thus, while being a team player is not required, it is required in this area because a minor lapse on the part of an individual can endanger the lives of many others.
Thus, some critical abilities that students must have to do effectively in the aviation sector are as follows:
Team worker, Level headed, Reliable, Presence of mind, Determination, Language skills, Clear speech and voice, Good-written English/Hindi, Good health & physical fitness, Confidence, Technical skills & understanding, Pleasant & friendly personality, Agility & good sense of balance, Patience, Polite, Punctuality
Air Navigation, Variometer (Glider Pilots), Flight Navigation, Radio Aids and Instruments, Magnetic Compass and Instruments, Aeronautical Maps and Charts, Radio- Aids (Non- Glider Pilots), Time, Flight Planning
- Air Regulation
Flight Plans/ Distress and Urgency Communication, Air Traffic Services & Procedures, Miscellaneous
Synoptic Meteorology, Aviation Meteorology
- Aircraft and Engines (General and Specific)
Helicopters, Airplanes, Performance, Specific Aircrafts
- Flying/ Project Work
Aviation Medicine, Air Traffic Control and Management, Crew Resource Management and Flight Safety, Flight Safety and Human Factors, Aviation Security and The Human Profile, Aviation and First Aid
Students who choose a profession in aviation will not have set work hours or shifts. While the first occupation that comes to mind when considering a career in the aviation business is that of a pilot, it is important to note that there are other career profiles that applicants can follow in this field.
The following are some of the popular job profiles that candidates can aim to pursue in this field:
- Aircraft Electrical Installer or Technician
- Aircraft Manufacturing Engineer
- Airport Operations Manager
- Air Traffic Controller
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Quality Control Personnel
- Flight Steward/Stewardess (Airhostess)
- Ground Staff
- Air Ticketing Staff
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Hindustan Business School, Bangalore
- Jain University, Bangalore
- Coimbatore Aeronautical College
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics, Chennai
- Panache Academy, Goa
- Silver Oak University, Ahmedabad
- International Institute of Management and Technical Studies, Chennai
- Frankfinn Institute of Airhostess Training
- International Institute of Aviation, Pune
Follow For More: @Dissenttimes.