Travel and tourism are thriving industries in India. It is deeply involved in the country’s development and promotes its rich legacy. The tourism industry welcomes visitors from within the country and neighbouring countries.
Foreign visitors come to our country for relaxation and fun, which generates a lot of money and exposes them to our country’s rich culture. In fact, tourism is one of the world’s most important economic generators.
When the world was put under lockdown owing to the COVID-19 epidemic, the entire travel and tourism industry was disrupted, resulting in a drop in economic growth in both developing and developed countries.
About the Course
India’s travel and tourism business is witnessing unparalleled expansion. The sector is one of the largest and most profitable in India, contributing significantly to the country’s foreign exchange earnings.
According to several projections, the industry would generate around 45 million employment in India by 2025.
Students have a plethora of job options in the rapidly expanding travel and tourism business. Candidates interested in pursuing a career in the business can work for travel companies, government tourist departments, tour operators, immigration and customs services, airlines, hotels, and the list goes on.
Candidates must have a minimum aggregate percentage of 50% – 60% in Class XII in any stream from a recognized board in order to get admission to a bachelor’s degree in travel and tour management.
Professionals in the travel and tourism industry are concerned with delivering great services to clients who are away from home on vacation or on business.
Candidates interested in a career in the tourism business must have a passion for travel, a desire to learn new things, and the ability to keep up with the newest news and socioeconomic trends throughout the world.
Some of the characteristics and talents that individuals need to possess in order to develop a successful career in the travel and tourism sector are as follows:
Confidence, Excellent communication skills, Strong interpersonal skills, Pleasant and well-groomed personality, Diligence, Flexibility, Commitment, Enthusiasm, Good administration and management skills, Patience, Good research and planning skills, Problem-solving skills, Organisation skills, Time management skills, Strong networking skills, Teamwork, Hardworking, Leadership skills
Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management Subjects:
- Foreign language
- Indian Geography
- Religious tourism I
- Environmental studies I
- Cultural tourism in India
- Application of computers
- Basics of tourism management
- Natural tourism products
- Application of computers lab
- World geography of tourism
- Tourism organizations
- Environmental studies II
- Historical tourism products of India
- Travel agency tour operator
- International tourism business
- International tourism business
- Hospitality management in tourism
- Automation in travel and tourism
- Effective listening
- Tourism trends in India
- Travel documentation
- Transport management
- Tour packaging management
- Principles of management
- Tourism planning
- Airline operations management
- Economics of tourism
- Cargo management
- Management information system
- Coping strategies
- Group dynamics
- Sociology of tourism
- Managerial Accounting
- Interpersonal communication
- Tourist behaviour
- Corporate communication
- Human resource management
- Employability skills
- Destination management
- Entrepreneurship development
- Tourism environmental law
- Basics of revenue management
- Workplace communication
- Research Methodology
- Tourism technology
- Relationship management
- Holiday/ Travel Agent
- Travel Executive
- Tourism Manager
- Travel Officer/ Coordinator
- Airlines/ Ground Staff
- Tourist Guide
- Transport Officer
- Travel Counselor/ Consultant
- Tour Operator
- Travel Writer
- Aligarh Muslim University (Aligarh)
- Amity University (Noida)
- Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (Delhi)
- Chandigarh University (Chandigarh)
- Banaras Hindu University (Varanasi)
- University of Madras (Chennai)
- Indian Institute of Travel and Tourism Management (Gwalior)
- NHSM Knowledge Campus (Kolkatta)
Follow For More: @Dissenttimes.