Bhediya, a newly released Hindi-language Bollywood movie, was released on 25 November 2022. The movie is written by Niren Bhatt and directed by Amar Kaushik, who also directed the movie “Stree”, in 2018. Bhediya is produced by Dinesh Vijan, who also produced Stree. The main characters of this film are Varun Dhawan as Bhaskar Sharma / Bhediya and Kriti Sanon as Dr Anika Mittal / Lady Bhediya. The film also features Saurabh Shukla as Bagga.
There are a total of four songs in the Hindi language from this film and a total of four songs in the Telugu language.
- The first song from the film is
- “Thumkeshwari” sung by Rashmeet Kaur, Ash King, Divya Kumar, and Sachin-Jigar.
- The second song from the film is “Apna Bana Le” sung by Arijit Singh and Sachin-Jigar.
- The third song from the film is “Jungle Mein Kand” sung by Vishal Dadlani, Sukhwinder Singh, Siddharth Basrur, and Sachin-Jigar.
- The fourth song from the film is “Baaki Sab Theek” sung by Sachin Sanghvi, Jigar Saraiya, and Amitabh Bhattacharya
The film got released into Telugu with the title “Thodelu“.
The budget of the film is ₹60 crores (US$7.3 million) and the current box office collection of the film is ₹43.63 crores (US$5.3 million). The official runtime of the film is 156 minutes.
Cast List of Bhediya
- Varun Dhawan as Bhaskar Sharma / Bhediya
- Kriti Sanon as Dr. Anika Mittal / Lady Bhediya
- Deepak Dobriyal as Panda
- Abhishek Banerjee as Janardan “Jana”; Banerjee reprises his role from Stree (2018)
- Saurabh Shukla as Bagga
- Baharul Islam as Neli
- Paalin Kabak as Jomin
- Dosam Beyond as Prakash
- Mudang Pai as Ojha Myran
- Tai Tugung as Police inspector
- K4 Kekho as one of the youths
- Ngilyang Aka as one of the youths
- Ligang Sallu as Range Forest Officer
- Nani Haniya as Head Gaon Burah
- Shraddha Kapoor in the song “Thumkeshwari”; Kapoor reprises her role from Stree
- Rajkummar Rao as Vicky: Jaana and Bittu’s friend, Rao reprises his role from Stree
- Aparshakti Khurana as Bittu: Jaana and Vicky’s friend, Khurana reprises his role from Stree
- Sharad Kelkar as Narrator.
Review of Bhediya:
- Bhediya got positive ratings from critics and audiences. Over 9.5k people rated this film 8.3 stars out of 10 stars on IMDb, which is an amazing rating for a Bollywood movie.
- Dhaval Roy from The Times Of India rated this film 3.5 stars out of 5 stars and said “Director Amar Kaushik handles both genres skillfully in his latest outing and strikes a fine balance to deliver a movie that’s spine chilling in some instances, rib-tickling in almost all, and leaves you with something to think about.”
- Saibal Chatterjee from NDTV rated the film 3.5 stars out of 5 stars and wrote “Bhediya is both enjoyable and thought-provoking, and is helped along by lively performances. Varun Dhawan gives the unconventional role his best shot. Abhishek Banerjee and Paalin Kabak are terrific as much with their comic timing as with their dramatic flourishes“
- Amandeep Naang from ABP News rated the film 4 out of 5 stars and said “Bhediya is a mad ride of a horror-comedy which feels different in the current climate of remakes, thrillers, and period dramas“.
- Tushar Joshi from India Today rated the film 3.5 stars out of 5 stars and said “Performances feel genuine and Kaushik’s USP of infusing humour and wit at the right moments helps in keeping the narrative engaging and entertaining“.
Watch Bhediya Online:
Bhediya movie is currently running at the theatre. The film is not yet officially released on any OTT platforms to watch.
Bhaskar finds himself changing after being bitten by a wolf in the forests of Arunachal. While Bhaskar begins to transform into a shape-shifting werewolf, he and his friends look for answers amid many twists, turns and laughs.