In the last article, we have seen the many ways of data Gathering techniques in detail. Somehow we all know that there are three main data collection techniques: interviews, questionnaires, and observation. There is some flexible and small set of basic techniques for the data-collecting process which we can use but on the other side, you can use combine and extend many ways to collect the data.
It is important and keeps in mind not only to focus on the data gathering technique but on using the combination pattern for the best result. Meanwhile, there are some guidelines that we can follow in the process of data gathering. Let’s discuss this in detail.
What is the Need to Follow the Guidelines for Data Gathering?
In the earlier article, we studied various techniques to gather data. The choice of technique depends on various factors like time detail and risk associated with the findings. Knowledge is required while choosing between techniques.
How are techniques affected by the kind of task?
When you choose a particular technique that simply means it will affect your task by the three kinds of task as follow;
- Particular order or steps
- Simple or complex information
- A simple or general skilled practitioner
Guidelines for Data Gathering
Guidelines make you much more confident in the process of data gathering. If you follow the basic guidelines it means that your task is on the right track otherwise your work becomes futile.
There are some basic guidelines to follow in the process of data gathering as follow; Here we are going to discuss the guidelines in two parts.
Basic Guidelines Part one
- You should focus on identifying the stakeholder’s needs and requirements.
- To get involved with all the stakeholders within groups.
- To get in involved with more than one representative from the stakeholder group.
Use a combination of data-collecting techniques instead of the particular one.
- Gather more than one type of data
Basic Guidelines Part Two
- Do consider and be careful about how to record and save the data.
- After collecting the data, you need to compromise and analysis should be done with the help of a prototype and task description in the process of data gathering.
- Keep balance both the requirement functional and nonfunctional.
Subsequently, from the above article we come to know that data gathering is one of the crucial and most essential stages in the process of Interaction Design. We should follow some guidelines while collecting the data because it would affect our task. Meanwhile in the end, if you want a better result then you must follow the guidelines. Guidelines play a vital role here because it guides you on how to proceed further.
For More Follow @dissenttimes