Shakira is a hugely successful Colombian singer-songwriter with many hit singles and albums, often referred to as the Queen of Latin Music. She has won numerous milestones, which includes 12 Latin Grammy Awards, which is the most for any individual. With over 80 million records sold throughout her career, she is one of the best-selling artists of all time and regularly tours the world to packed venues. Shakira’s net worth is $400 million.
Shakira, whose real name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, is a phenomenally well-known personality in Columbia. Shakira had a keen business sense from a very young age. In the entertainment press, her IQ was quoted as being 140, which was a very high number. When she was four years old, she composed her first poem, and when she was seven, her father handed her a typewriter. Shakira later pursued belly dance, which she also enjoyed very much. She started gaining fame as time went on, and at age 13, she put out her debut album.
|Real Name/Full Name||Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll|
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name:||Shakira|
|Birth Place:||Barranquilla, Columbia|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||2 February 1977|
|Age/How Old:||45 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 157 cm In Feet and Inches – 5’ 2”|
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 54 kg In Pounds – 118 lbs|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – William Mebarak Chadid Mother – Nidia Ripoll Torrado|
|College:||University of California|
|Social media Accounts:||Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube|
|Husband/Spouse Name:||Antonio de la Rua (m. 2000-2010), Gerard Pique (m. 2011-2022)|
|Kids/Children Name:||Yes (2)|
|Shakira’s Net Worth:||$400 million|
Shakira Early Life
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, the sole child of William Mebarak Chadid and Nidia Ripoll Torrado, was born on February 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Colombia. She was reared a Roman Catholic, relocated to Colombia after residing in New York City, and started writing poems when she was four years old. When her father took her to a Middle Eastern restaurant, she heard the Doumbek, a traditional drum used in Arabic music, which would later influence her approach to music.
When Shakira was in her early teens, local theatre producer Monica Ariza noticed her and persuaded Sony Colombia record boss Ciro Vargas to let Shakira audition.
Shakira has always aspired to be a performer and vocalist. From a very young age, she fell in love with singing and belly dancing. She hasn’t spent a lot of time studying, and she hasn’t talked about her early education either. But in 2007, she graduated with honors from the University of California.
When Shakira was 13 years old, an unexpected audition resulted in a three-record agreement, but Laundry Service, which was released in 2001, was the album that brought her international acclaim. It sold 20 million copies and launched her career. It featured several successful singles, such as Whenever, Wherever, and Underneath Your Clothes.
Her subsequent Spanish albums peaked at the top of Billboard’s Top Latin Albums charts and received gold and platinum certification in several international locations.
Shakira cemented her position as one of the greatest singers of all time in 2002 when she performed on stage with Cher and Celine Dion at the VH1 Divas Live Las Vegas concert. She has collaborated with numerous other well-known stars, including Beyonce on the 2007 song Beautiful Liar, which peaked at number one on the UK singles chart.
Numerous musicians have credited Shakira as an influence, praising her for her artistry and vocal prowess, from Rihanna and Taylor Swift to Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber.
At the 2009 “We Are One” celebrations at the Lincoln Memorial, Shakira also performed in front of then-president Barack Obama.
Shakira Personal Life
Shakira started dating Barcelona FC player Gerard Piqué 2011, who plays for one of the richest soccer clubs in the world. Shakira and Piqué, who both have the same birthdate, first got to know one another while shooting the music video for her song Waka Waka (This Time For Africa), which was played during the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Going their separate ways. Shakira and her longtime partner Gerard Piqué announced their separation earlier this year. They had been together for 12 years.
With more than 70 million followers on her official Instagram account, where she shares images and updates on her activities, Shakira has a significant social media presence.
Shakira Awards & Achievements
Shakira has received numerous nominations and accolades for her outstanding singles and albums that have been released throughout her professional singing career.
Reputable organizations in the music industry and well-known organizations like Guinness World Records have bestowed these honors.
Here are a few of Shakira’s career’s notable honors and awards:
- 1997: Shakira received the Billboard Latin Music Awards’ Best Pop Album honor for Pies Descalzos.
- 2000: For Octavio Diva, she won the Latin Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
- 2005: At the Billboard Music Awards, she took home numerous honors, including Latin Album Artist of the Year, Latin Song of the Year, and Latin Album of the Year.
- 2007: La Tortura, one of her songs, helped her take home the Song of the Year honor at the BMI Latin Awards.
- El Dorado, Shakira’s album, help her win the Best Latin Pop Album Grammy at the 2018 Grammy Awards.
Shakira Career Highlights
Shakira has enjoyed tremendous success as a singer and songwriter both in her own Colombia and throughout the world. It has permeated her many other prosperous endeavors as an entrepreneur and actress, in addition to the music profession.
Here are some of Shakira’s greatest career high points:
- 1990: Shakira, who had been writing and composing songs since she was eight, released her debut album, Magia, at the age of 13.
- 1995: Pies Descalzos, her chart-topping record for Latin America, became a hit, catapulting her to fame.
- The publication of Laundry Service in 2005 marked her entry into the English-language market.
- 2008: Her 10-year deal with Live Nation guaranteed her $300 million in upcoming years.
- The Top Female Latin Artist of the Decade was Shakira in 2009, according to Billboard.
Shakira Net Worth
Shakira is a very popular singer from Columbia who has accomplished a lot in her career. She is the most well-known vocalist in the world and has a sizable fan base. At the juvenile age of 13, Shakira began her career, and in 1991, she put out her debut album. Even though her early works were unsuccessful, she moved to a Hispanic nation, which helped her quite a bit. She put out several CDs and received positive reviews for them. Additionally, Shakira has sold more than 75 million records worldwide. Currently, Shakira’s net worth is around $400 million.
|Name||Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll|
|Shakira Net Worth||$400 Million|
|Monthly Income And Salary||$2.8 Million +|
|Yearly Income And Salary||$35 Million +|
- House: Shakira is a wealthy woman from Columbia who resides in a very affluent home. She does not, however, exclusively spend her time there. She frequently travels, stopping in countries like Spain, the United States, the United Kingdom, etc. Barcelona, Los Angeles, and other locations are among the assets she owns.
- Automobiles: Shakira has an enormous collection of vehicles, including some of the most expensive and opulent vehicles. She is a big fan of vehicles and has always wished to have a large collection. Shakira has a Mercedes-Maybach, a Porsche, a Jaguar, an Audi, a Bentley, and more.
Shakira’s Net Worth Growth
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2022||$400 Million|
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2021||$365 Million|
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2020||$230 Million|
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2019||$200 Million|
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2018||$180 Million|
|Shakira’s Net Worth in 2017||$150 Million|
- Shakira’s grandma instructed her in the art of belly dancing during her formative years in Colombia in the 1980s.
- The tragic death of Shakira’s half-brother in 1979 served as the inspiration for her later song, Tus Gafas Oscuras (Your Dark Glasses).
- Coquitlam, Gordita, and Chan are the names of the three dogs that Shakira owns.
- Shakira is fluent in several languages, including Portuguese, English, Italian, and Arabic, and she is said to have an IQ of around 140.
- From her father’s first marriage, the multiple award-winning celebrities has eight half-siblings.
- She and her partner Gerard Pique, who is ten years younger than she is, have the same birthday.
- She has received more than 400 honors, 10 of which are Latin Grammy Awards.
- Shakira is highly renowned not just for her talent as a singer but also for having established the Barefoot Foundation (Fundación Pies Descalzos) and serving as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF since 2003.
- Shakira began her career as an edgy rocker girl, transitioned into English-language music, hopped on the bachata bandwagon, and released songs with Middle Eastern and Indian elements in between.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Shakira’s net worth?
About $400 million is Shakira’s net worth.
How old is Shakira?
Shakira is 45 years old right now and was born on 2 February 1977.
How much money does Shakira make?
Shakira makes an annual salary of $35,000,000+, according to estimates.
How tall is Shakira?
Shakira’s height is 1.57 meters.
Is Shakira married?
Shakira is not currently married to anyone.
What is Shakira’s full name?
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is her entire name, with the last two being her last names.
What are Shakira’s kids’ names?
Milan and Sasha, have two sons that Shakira has with her ex-husband Gerard Piqué.
How many Grammy Awards has Shakira won?
She is among the most awarded Latin artists of all time, having garnered 371 victories from 848 nominations, including 12 Latin Grammy Awards and three Grammy Awards.
Who are Shakira’s parents?
She is William Mebarak Chadid and Nidia Ripoll Torrado’s lone child.
Shakira is a fantastic woman with extraordinary accomplishments that are absolutely beyond belief. The best Latin singer to ever perform is her. She has a very unique style, and occasionally her Bellydance appears surreal. Her hips certainly don’t lie, and she moves unlike anyone other. Numerous albums by Shakira have been released in Spanish, Latin, and English. She is successful in all languages. She is revered and followed by many. On social media, she has millions of fans as well.
Shakira’s net worth is $400 million.
Follow us on Instagram- https://instagram.com/dissenttimes?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=