Design I snot just what it looks like Design is how it works. Interaction design(abbreviated as IxD), the way through which we can design interactive digital products and services. It focuses on the way users interact with the products and they use principles of good communication to produce desired user interfaces.
It can be considered as the creation of a dialogue between a person and a product, system or service. Now this dialogue has dual nature that is, physical and emotional and is manifested in exchange of technologies.
IxD’s five dimensions represent the aspect an interaction designer considers when he/she designs interactions:
- (1D) Words(holds texts, which help give users right data.)
- (2D) Visual representation(these are graphical and pictorial elements which aid users in interaction designing.)
- (3D) Physical objects(these are the hardware devices or mediums through which users interact with product)
- (4D) Time(this is connected to media and data which changes with time.)
- (5D) Behaviour(it notices the behaviour of interactions between the user and products.)
People often get confused in UX(user experience) and IxD(interaction design) as they both work under the same umbrella. But the key difference between UX and interaction design is the way we think. Interaction designers focus on the monetarily happening events, on the other hand, for UX designers this is just a task for the greater purpose thing.
The best practices through which one can design perfect interactions are-
- What commands a user can provide for better interaction between him and the product.
- How we can provide the easy-to-catch appearance for the better functioning.
- What should be the content we provide to users to let him know before performing any action.
- What feedbacks must a user get once he/she performs action.
- What time is been taken by our product to response to any asked action.
In the end, digital design should be considered as a conversation which happens between a machine and as person who uses it. When people interact with any product, they love surfing smooth interactions but it only happens when only the interaction designers make it that way. They must create the product as such like it can be surfed even by an infant.
The day to day work of any person who uses internet includes the working with web and its applications. The interaction designers are those who deal with the fluency in understanding the pages of those same applications which are surfed by daily persons. Thus, interaction designers make your loads a bit lighter by providing the best simple to understand language for products.