Yara Shahidi is an American actress, model, and activist.
She is best known for her roles as Zoey Johnson on the ABC sitcom Black-ish and its spin-off series Grown-ish, on Freeform. Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Shahidi moved to Los Angeles at a young age to pursue an acting career.
She has since appeared in numerous films and television series, including Imagine That, Scandal, and The First Family.
In addition to her acting work, Shahidi has become a noted activist, speaking out on a variety of social and political issues.
She is the founder of Eighteen x 18, a voter registration campaign aimed at encouraging young people to become more involved in politics. She also serves as an ambassador for the Obama Foundation and Generation Citizen, an organisation that works to increase civic engagement among young people. Shahidi is also a vocal advocate for the Black Lives Matter movement.
Yara Shahidi has an estimated net worth of $3 million. Her primary source of income is her acting career. She has also earned money through endorsement deals and brand collaborations.
Yara was born on February 10, 2000. She is 21 years old.
Yara is 5 feet 5 inches tall.
Yara was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Afshin Shahidi and Keri Salter Shahidi. Her father is an Iranian-American cinematographer, and her mother is an African-American. She has an older brother, Sayeed, who is also an actor.
Yara began her acting career at a young age, appearing in a number of television commercials. She made her film debut in the 2009 film Imagine That. She later had a recurring role on the ABC sitcom Scandal. In 2014, she was cast as Zoey Johnson on the ABC sitcom Black-ish. The show was a critical and commercial success, and it earned her a NAACP Image Award nomination.
In 2018, Shahidi began starring in the spin-off series Grown-ish, which follows Zoey as she attends college. The show has been well-received, earning Shahidi a Teen Choice Award nomination.
Yara Shahidi is currently single
,owns a Range Rover and a home in Los Angeles, California. She also owns a range of designer clothing, jewellery, and other luxury items.
Yara Shahidi earns a salary of $100,000 per episode for her role on Grown-ish.
things about yara shahidi
- Yara Shahidi was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and raised in California.
- She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, the first African-American sorority.
- Yara Shahidi is a UNICEF ambassador and has spoken at the United Nations.
- She starred in the hit ABC sitcom “Black-ish” and the spinoff “Grown-ish”.
- Yara Shahidi was the first teen ambassador for the Obama White House’s Better Make Room campaign.
- She was one of Glamour Magazine’s Women of the Year for 2018.
- Yara Shahidi was accepted into Harvard University at just 16 years old.
- She is a passionate advocate for youth activism and has been involved in several campaigns to get young people to vote.