About the Course
The BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is a three-year undergraduate programme in hotel management. The course is offered to students who have finished 12th grade in any subject.
At the undergraduate level, BSc HHA is one of the most popular hotel management degrees in India. It is provided by IHMs and several other colleges in collaboration with the National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT).
The study of operational and management skills used in the hotel sector is part of the BSc HHA. The course prepares a candidate for a career in the hotel management business through theoretical studies, hands-on training, and industry exposure.
The eligibility requirements for the BSc HHA course are listed below:
- The candidate must have passed the class 12th / 10 + 2 exams from a recognized board or its equivalent.
- The candidate must have obtained passing grades in all of the exam subjects.
- The candidate must have studied and passed English as a subject in 12th grade.
The subjects in the syllabus of the BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration are provided below:
- First Year:
Food Production, Hospitality Management, Front Office Foundations, Hotel Economics, Business Communication, Food and Beverage Services, Tourism, Food Science, Nutrition
- Second Year:
Front Office Operations and Management, Hotel Accountancy, Communication Skills, Food and Beverage Control, Accommodation Operations, Food and Beverage Service Operation, Food Safety and Quality
- Third Year:
Accommodation Management, Tourism Marketing, Financial Management, Research Methodology, Strategic Management, Advanced Food Production, Food and Beverage Management, Front Office Management, Faculty Planning
Graduates of the BSc HHA programme can be hired for a range of positions in the business. The following employment jobs are accessible after completing the BSc HHA programme:
- Hotel Manager – Average Salary INR 4,80,000
- Customer Relationship Executive – Average Salary INR 3,39,000
- Management Trainee – Average Salary INR 3,96,000
- Resort Manager – Average Salary INR 4,80,000
- Sales and Marketing Manager – Average Salary INR 5,91,000
- Sous Chef – Average Salary INR 4,89,000
Graduates are typically hired for trainee roles in the early stages of their careers and are given time to learn the ins and outs of their workplace. Many individuals also choose postgraduate degrees in the field as a means of exploring greater employment prospects and increasing their compensation.
Some of the top institutes for BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration courses are as follows:
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (Mumbai)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition (Delhi)
- Chandigarh University (Chandigarh)
- Lovely Professional University (Jalandhar)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (Hyderabad)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (Chennai)
- UEI Global (Agra)
- UEI Global (Chandigarh)
- Dr Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition (Chandigarh)
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition (Kolkata)
Follow For More: @Dissenttimes.