The Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics is a course study or module that lays the groundwork for food science management and diet management. This course exposes you to both academic and practical areas of food science.
This course covers the nutrition pattern, nutritional requirements, and optimal diet types of various individuals, and teaches applicants how to improve food habits and ensure dietary well-being.
This course also delves deeper into the nutritional needs of the ordinary person, teaching applicants the significance of various types of nutrients and the functions they play in our bodies.
This course also discusses the various nutritional deficiencies and how to recover from them. Through this course, candidates can learn about the various types of diet plans that must be established based on the needs of the individual.
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics is a full-time undergraduate nutrition and dietetics programme. The course usually lasts three years. Bioscience students are typically interested in it. It teaches students how to make a good diet for people, food management, components of a balanced diet, eating habits, and lifestyle management, among other topics in the field of Nutrition and Dietetics Science.
The following are the admission requirements for BSc Nutrition and Dietetics courses:
An applicant must have a 10+2 diploma with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as required topics- Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, or Biochemistry may also be substituted for Biology at the 10+2 level by some colleges and universities.
Candidates must have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50%, but some extremely top colleges require a higher percentage.
Different colleges adhere to various forms of age limitations. Some institutions only admit students who have completed their 10+2 within the last two academic years, while others admit students up to the age of 25.
- Semester I
Soft Skills and Communication Skills, Human Physiology, Food and Nutrition, Food Chemistry
- Semester II
Public Health and Nutrition, Human Nutrition, Mother and Child Health, Nutritional Biochemistry
- Semester III
Food Microbiology, Family Meal and Diet Planning, Food Quality Analysis, Food Industry Management
- Semester IV
Introduction to Food Science, Science of Bakery and Confectionery, Introduction to Food Preservation
- Semester V
Nutritional ethics, Introduction to Dietetics, Food packaging and marketing management, Food processing operations and management
- Semester VI
Food Biotechnology, Dietetics 2, Foodservice Management, Diet and Patient Counseling
- Registered Dietician – Creating diet plans for various people. The dietician’s function is to deal with clients and assist them in losing/gaining weight. They create charts for their clients based on their medical history.
- Marketing Manager – Making diet plans for a variety of folks. The dietician’s job is to work with clients and help them lose or gain weight. Based on their clients’ medical histories, they generate charts for them.
- Clinical Dietician – Taking care of a hospital’s patients’ dietary regimen. They are nutrition specialists who assist clients in maintaining healthy lives and achieving their health-related goals. They are well-versed in food safety and sanitation.
- Nutritionist – Examining the nutritional requirements of ordinary individuals. They are food counsellors that assist customers in developing diet regimens. They also work with individuals one on one.
- Research and Development Manager – Managing new research on the subject of nutrition. They contribute to the development of innovative products and services that benefit human health.
- Chandigarh University (Chandigarh)
- RVS College of Arts and Science (Tamil Nadu)
- Lovely Professional University (Jalandhar)
- Shoolini University (Himachal Pradesh)
- Mount Carmel College (Bangalore)
- Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women (Tamil Nadu)
- Andhra University (Andhra Pradesh)
- SGT University (Haryana)
- Manav Rachna International University (Haryana)
- Queen Mary’s College (Tamil Nadu)
Follow For More: @Dissentimes