The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) is an executive agency of the Union Government of the Republic of India that plays a remarkable role in the promotion of e-Governance for empowering citizens, promotion of the inclusive and sustainable growth of the Electronics, IT and ITeS industries as an overview.
It leads to strengthening India’s participation in Internet Governance through a multifaceted approach that encompasses human resource development, encouraging R&D and innovation, increasing efficiency through digital services, and maintaining a secure cyberspace. Over the years MeitY India has been contributing profusely to the realm of technology for India and 2022 has been no less.
Let us delve deeper into its significant achievements in the month of November.
- Modified Special Incentives Package Scheme (MSIPS): One application, TE Connectivity India Private Limited, was granted in November 2022 with a Rs 24.18 crore incentive. The application proposes an investment of Rs. 131.68 crores.
- Electronics Manufacturing Cluster (EMC): On November 25, 2022, the Honorable Minister for Electronics and IT extended the deadlines for EMC program distribution for another two years, up to October 20, 2024. The notification is being prepared for distribution.
- Electronics Manufacturing Cluster 2.0 (EMC 2.0): An application for the establishment of an EMC project on 297.11 acres in Ranjangaon Phase-III, Pune District, Maharashtra, with a project cost of Rs. 492.85 crores, including Rs. 207.98 crores in Central financial assistance, was granted.
Minimum Government, Maximum Governance
- Jeevan Pramaan: A total of 6.7 crore Digital Life Certificates (DLCs) have been generated since its commencement. In the month of November 2022, 86 lakh DLCs were generated.
- MyGov: MyGov has 963 conversation topics and 1326 tasks until November 2022. On the Platform, over 2.6 crore users have registered.
- Open Government Data Platform (OGD) India: Approximately 5.91 lakh resources have been donated under 12,940 catalogs, 2,805 visualizations, and 1.74 lakh APIs have been built as of November 2022. Over 94 million datasets have been downloaded.
Follow us on Instagram- https://instagram.com/dissenttimes?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=