Fidelity is an important part of the prototype which refers to how to portray and experience the final product. You can realize that copy of the final product. High fidelity and low fidelity are two types of prototypes in the interaction design process. So in this article, we are going to discuss these two types in detail. Let’s get started.
Fidelity can be categorized into the areas;
- Content strategy
- Interactive process
- The visual design of the product
There are different types of prototypes but low fidelity and high fidelity these two are the major types. You can choose prototype fidelity based on the objective of prototyping, the design process, and available resources.
Low-fidelity prototyping is a quick and easy process where you can translate high-level design concepts into clear and testable processes. The first major role is to check and test the functionality of the product.
Characteristic of low fidelity
The visual design of the product:
Some visual designs are helpful for the final product for the presentation such as the shape of elements and so on.
The basic key elements are included in the content strategy.
During the testing, session interaction places a vital role because if you are familiar with the design then you can make changes according to the requirements from time to time. The connected wireframes are also created by the interactivity which links to each other inside the application itself.
Advantages of Low fidelity
- Low fidelity can be available at a low cost.
- Which provides a fast process of nearly about 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can save time and energy.
- You can involve more than one person in the group so collaboration is important in the formulation process.
- Sometimes it is impossible to portray a complex situation or transition by using this type of prototype which is low fidelity. It is a major drawback of low fidelity.
Hi-fidelity prototype which is helpful to recognize or assume the actual product. When you have a solid understanding, you can go with this fidelity to build up and test it with real users for final product approval.
Characteristic of the high fidelity
The visual design of the product
It is much more realistic and in detail including graphics and elements.
The designer uses real content here which includes in the final design.
It is highly realistic in the interaction design process.
Advantages of high fidelity
- Meaningful feedback is important during the testing process.
- It looks like a real product to the users.
- The cost of high fidelity is higher than low fidelity in both terms temporal and financial.
- Popular techniques of high fidelity
- You can create a unique tool like the digital prototype.
- You can optimize for devices which helps UX and UI designers.
- It allows less clarification in the process of testing.
Subsequently based on your goal related to the project you can be delivered a good user experience by using fidelity. In the US design process, prototyping becomes an integral part including high fidelity and low fidelity.
It is difficult to choose the most popular one but you can choose based on your need to send requirements. In the end, the result will be helpful to improve a design that is based on the testing process.
Follow For More: @Dissenttimes.